Come Back Vani !!

I am hating the situation where I have to write about you like this. But I want to write. I want to read the words I put here till I come to you. Where are you now? Idiot, happy there? You should be. But we are not. Shall I tell you some moments we had? Did you remember the day you saved my life? Both of us went to the milk collecting center in our village carrying milk cans. I said "we will fool our parents that the boy has not taken our milk cans as we went late there". You said "they will not believe if we go with empty cans we will fill the water and go". Both of us agreed and we went to the pond. I have to collect the water from the pond and the pond was full of water and was deep. I went in, suddenly I got slipped and lost my balance and I what I could see nothing. I was completely immersed in water. Then u held my leg and pulled me off. Damn! I was almost dead. First time mom beat me that day. Rey, today I told mom this incident. She said you are "daring girl" with tearful eyes. I too remember, people used to call you "Gabbar Singh". We used to ride bullock carts. We used to sit on buffalo while we go to fields.

Your brother use knows more girly stuff compared to you. Yeah, you are the only girl in your family. He is used to get lot of bangles, different ornaments for you. And next day it will be my turn to get the same for my sister. Both of us are first in our class. Damn! do you remember? If I do anything mischievous in the class, the teacher/lecturer used to give complaint to you. "See, your brother Gani did this". And your friends used to ask me. Hey Hey, I forgot the name of your friend who told you "your brother is so smart". Come and tell me once raa .. I used to study hard, rather I was forced to study by you :) But I am very happy for being forced. I still remember you used to put alarm and wake me up "Orey Ganee, lechi chadavaraaa" And I remember grand ma used to scold you when you eat food. You used to eat little.

You struggled during EAMCET and got seat so far in Jagityal. That too in a muslim minority college. Everybody was scared to send you there. But you convinced and went there. You used to tell us the burkha stories. And about your warden. You used to hate her a lot. So even we used to. I joined in Medak. Once you came there to see me. You finished your Engineering and started job hunt and I was in final year. You asked me to write GATE. I said, I am no more interested in studies, I will go for lecturer job and earn 10K and settle in life. To be frank, I don't have money to pay for the application. On the last day of application receiving, you went to GPO and bought the GATE application for me. If you had not done that, I am sure I would have been not like this. I started preparing for the exam. You took me to the BHEL science library, we got a fake membership card. I used to go there at 3:00 PM and stay there till 9:00 PM. The librarian used to make fun of me. This guy will be standing at the gate before even we open the library. He doesn't know that I will be kicked out of home at 2:30 itself by you. You know, I tell all my friends that, once my weight was 80KG. All because of you only. I was there just for 3 months, and I added 15 KG fat to my body. Damn! what did I ate? Feb-13th, 2005, the day which turned my life. I have appeared for the GATE exam. The day before that you said "Gani, you are not reading anything today. Just keep yourself cool. I will prepare whatever you want to eat" You asked me "what do you want?", I replied "sweet potato". Ha ha ... don't know why I asked that. You have sent Ravi to get it. The results came after a month. 97.77 percentile, you were more happy than me. I appeared for many interviews in NITS to get the seat. Whenever I fail you used to tell me supportive words. I got seat in NIT Warangal finally, which turned my life. And you joined in "Rachana Machines"

That time we do not know, otherwise I would have certainly stopped you from joining that company. You worked hard for that company as if its yours. You used to get laptop even when you visit Pendurru. After two years, I got job in iChip. Both of us started earning. We shared all our responsibilities. Particularity when grand pa is in hospital. We were there in the hospital for more than two months. Ha Ha people used to give advices to grand parents that we make a nice couple. We used to laugh a lot.

Hey, I went to Interu beach today morning to build "pichika goodu" for you. Come and see it once. It came very well. Tell me one thing. You don't like us? Whatever it is, we respect your decision to leave us, but its really painful to live without you dear.

WE LOVE YOU A LOT - Chinni, Nani, Bujji, Chinnigadu, Chinni and Gani



Comments

  1. It shows the bond you had with your sis, infact the bond u have..

    Vani, you made me recollect a poem i read in my school hood days. here are the lines of poem,
    "In small proportions we just beauties see;
    And in short measures life may perfect be."

    Rest in peace Vani.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment