Travel from Pune to Hyderabad

First time after coming to Pune, I travelled to Hyderabad. Last weekend is a long weekend and everybody tried to run away from Pune, because of “Swine Flu”. My first train journey from Pune to Hyderabad is a memorable as I met three M.Phil students and first time in my life I had a conversation outside the fancy study subjects like Engineering, Medicine. The three are Rahul, Swetha and Bharthi. Out of the three, I was pretty much impressed by Bharthi. First time when I saw this girl, she is reading a book titled “Understanding Indian Society”. After sometime, we were into discussion about our studies, universities and jobs etc. And during discussion she made a statement that “Generally the Engineering and Medical Students will not have awareness out of their own circle of what they study”. Listening to that, my eyebrows came closer to each other with general ego. But after talking sometime with her, I was moved a bit closer to her statement. Later we discussed about what kind of opportunities they can get. One uncle who is also travelling with us asked a question to her “Where are you from?” - She said “Bihar”. A quick smile appeared on all our faces. She immediately replied “Why everybody started smiling?”- Nobody answered. When we got down at Hyderabad station I asked her, “What are your future plans?”- She said very confidently “Ph.D”. Why I took this discussion so important is, I have seen so many students who are actually very much interested in social studies but because of the only reason that everybody is going for Engineering or Medicine they also inclining towards these subjects and ultimately ending up their graduation with poor performance and jobless. I can guide them into proper direction by taking these three as an example.

Comments