Watching sunrise on the beach !!

Whenever I plan to go home, I used to think "hmm, this time I will go to the beach in the early morning to see the sunrise", but somehow it was not possible till this Sankrati visit. Actually the sea shore is very near for us, just 9KM. If you stand on terrace of my home in the night time, you can hear the sound made by the waves. But the nearest beach is around 22KM away. I woke up that day at 4:15 AM (before the alarm sounds) and called my friend lazy-ravi to wake him. He is VIP for the day, as he only has the bike. 3 of us Ravi, Raja and I started at 5 AM. It doesn't take more than an hour to reach Manginapudi Beach (Machilipatnam Beach). Its cold, both of them started shivering, but I am used to it as its nothing compared to Pune's winter. The road is very narrow and goes through many small villages (some have maximum 10-20 houses - still these group of 20 houses got a village name) and ponds (man-made ponds to grow fishes). Even though you are a bike racer, you have to ride at the max 30 kph if you want to ride your bike again.

We reached the beach by 5:50 AM. Komal joined us in the beach. He came from Machilipatnam. We started waiting for the sunrise. But to our great disappointment, there is lot of mist and the sky is surrounded by clouds in east. For a moment we were let down, but nature is always beautiful. After all its different from usual. We decided to play cricket till the time we can see the Sun. Cricket in the mist and in the beach. Kewl!! No one wanted to be a keeper, because everybody knows, the keeper will have more work when you play cricket in the mist particularly with a white ball. So, we placed our stumps right in-front of a wooden boat. Played till almost 7.


At 7, now we could see the sun rays penetrating through the clouds and soon after that we could see the sun coming out. WoWW!! its a great scene. My friend's still want to play. But I started walking into the water. Captured some nice pictures. I would have got a good camera. But I have to adjust with my Sonyericson 2MP camera for some more days :( We played cricket again, but after 3 matches everybody was tired. We turned back towards home at 10.30. This time we thought of counting the number turns the road has (only 90 degree turns). We counted till Narayanapalli where it touches the main road which is 13 KM from the beach, and the count is 27. By 11 we are at home. Had to wash my shoes as they were carrying half a KG sand.

Comments