Enki Peilli Subbi Chavokochindi ...

You know what this mean? The marriage of "Enki" brought death to "Subbi". I faced this situation when I attended my friend's marriage. Two days back (june-2nd,2010) I went to Suri's marriage held at Hyderabad. I haven't booked the train ticket ahead of time as I don't know the exact Muhurtham time. I tried for Tatkal but in vain. So, I started my journey in a private volvo bus. I got down in Hyderabad 2nd,June morning 8'o clock and went to Lakshmi's house. Though I put leave for one day to attend marriage none of my friends who work in Hyderabad put leave for the day as the marriage is in the night. So, I could not meet anyone. I called Nisha at 10 am and asked her to meet me in Kothi, we met there and had lunch there (the lunch so bad). We went to OU as she have to take admission in some English proficiency course. We finished everything by 4:30 pm and went to Secunderbad. She left to her home and I went into the MMTS station to catch a local train to Borabanda where Lakshmi stays. The troubles started from there. The MMTS train scheduled at 5 pm was delayed by 15 minutes. After 20 minuted I got one more announcement saying that the train again delayed by 20 minutes. Since it takes long time to go to Lakshmi's place by bus I decided to wait for the train only. Finally the train arrived at 6:20 pm. I reached Lakshmi's place freshen up myself started for marriage. I hardly find time to spend with my friends as my return time is at 9:10 pm at lingampalli. Lakshmi rode me till station. And we reached the station well ahead of time. When the train arrived, I remembered that I have taken the print-out of my online ticket. Damn!! I scolded myself many times for not taking the print out. We asked TC about this, he simply rejected me to get into the train. The train stops in Lingampalli for only 2 minutes as that is a small station. So, nothing can be done except leaving the train. We came out of the station and inquired for any buses. All the travel agents said the tickets are all booked and finally we found one agent who said he has a ticket but the price is rs.1000. I am not ready to take it. But I have to go to Pune because the next day I have a call with my US colleagues. I checked with Nisha and she told me that there is a bus starting at 11:30 pm form MGBS bus station but that is till Sholapur only. Lakshmi rode me till JNTU ar 10:40 and I thought of catching Kothi bus. But mu un-luck didn't stopped there as the Kothi bus arrived at 11:30. I can't go to Lakshmi's place to stay there because its too far from JNTU and I can't find autos to go there. I called my home whether my brother started from there. If he reached Hyderabad by 12, I can stay in his room. But they told me my brother started in the evening only and he will reach Hyderabad next day morning. So I have no option to kick my journey. I went to MGBS and caught a Karnataka bus and got down at a place called BANGALA, which is in Maharashtra and Karnataka border. Then I picked up a Truck to reach place called KOTA in Maharashtra and caught a bus there till Sholapur. I reached Sholapur in the morning 8:00 pm. I got a call from my manager that time and I told him I will be coming to office but I may be late. The Pune bus started from Sholapur at 8:15 and the driver is very rash which actually helped me and I reached Pune at 1:45 pm. Finally I was in office at 2:35 pm.
Though this incident given me a lot of pain, it taught me a lesson that "Never do a un-planned journey" exactly the same words Lakshmi said. I never do formal talk with my friends. But at least I want to do here in my blog. Thanks to Lakshmi and Nisha!!

Comments